Monday, December 21, 2015
Is it really the end of 2015 already? It truly feels like it just begun. It seems more and more that the years pass all the quicker, and I’m still fumbling to catch up.
At this time of year, I always feel very reflective. Although New Year’s Resolutions are often looked down upon as trite and useless, I’m a big fan of goal-setting and like to look back on what I’ve accomplished throughout the year.
Although 2015 had its downs, there were also a lot of ups that made this a truly magical year. Here are Leah’s and my Top Five Moments of 2015.
1. Star Wars. Laugh if you want, but Star Wars was such a huge part of our childhood that seeing the premiere of The Force Awakens was a big deal to us—and it did not disappoint. Being able to attend the premiere in costume and enjoy this long-awaited moment with hundreds of other superfans was an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we’re so happy we got to be part of the hype!
2. Enchanted Fables. Who doesn’t want to be a princess when they grow up? It’s not often you get a chance to work your dream childhood job, so Leah and I jumped at the opportunity to work at a wonderful local event company that specializes in quality fairytale entertainment. Not only do we get to become our favourite characters and make children happy, but it’s allowed us to be immersed in our community and different charities.
3. Family Time in Disney World. As you can probably tell from the above two points, our family is pretty obsessed with Disney, and so it was a definitely a highlight of the year when our family got to go to Florida for two weeks! Pool, sunshine, and lots of new things at Disney World made this a wonderful venture—especially because our family was reunited for the first time in a year!
4. Traveling Australia. This was definitely the biggest adventure of my life and a time I will never forget! Traveling up the coast of Australia let me see things I may never see again in my life, made me overcome some of my biggest fears, and ultimately helped me grow as a person. Feeding kangaroos, cuddling koalas, watching the sunset over Uluru, scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef, listening to dingos howl in the night, sleeping under the Milky Way…regardless of the sacrifices I made to have these experiences, I would not give them up for the world.
1. Jane Unwrapped. One of my dreams came true in 2015—our book got published. The fact I can check the hugest box off my bucket list means I will never forget this year. I have never in my life worked so hard for something, and holding the finished book in my hand is a true reminder of why I do what I do.
So that’s it! Let me know in the comments some of the highlights from your year!
Friday, December 18, 2015
Happy Star Wars Day!
Today is the release of Star Wars! Kate and I are huge Star Wars fans so of course we are SUPER excited! We went to a pre-screening last night, and NO SPOILERS, it was amazing!
Kate was Leia and I went full R2D2
Kate made our parents wear JAR JAR BINKS shirts!
We made a reaction video about our experience, but if you haven't seen the movie DON'T WATCH, because spoilers!